Friday, July 24, 2026

Fantastic Friday #1055 - Serene

Serene

1 My heart is not proud, Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content. Psalm 131:1-2

Sometimes a scripture just hits hard, and is worth repeating. Our lives are so fast-paced and full of twists and turns, sometimes it is hard not to worry about things that are out of our control. With our worry comes an anticipation of what is to come next, and then makes us reflect on the huge "why" of these things in our life. They say pride can lead to downfall, like Uzziah experienced which can be found in 2 Chronicles 16, and we need to be vigilant each day to avoid pride from overtaking our minds. It is easy to slip into worry about things that are too great for us, but if we realize that we should take a step back and calm our spirit and quiet our mind, it will be easier to press down that worry we can feel. I find this is something I have to work on daily, and while I am not where I need to be, it is something I consciously work toward. We need to realize that God wants us to enjoy our life and think too much of the things of this world that can always leave us questioning. Take a moment this week to leave your pride at the door, humble yourself and thank God for the life you have. You will be surprised how calm this makes you.

Have a great weekend.

Matt

No comments: