12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14
When we go through life, we come across many changes that we have to navigate and depending on that change, there could be a multitude of negative emotions. There could be hate, fear, frustration and a general feeling of inadequacy when those times present themselves. God doesn't want us to have these feelings, He wants us to rely on Him for getting us through those times. While we have to be careful about taking scripture out of context, there is one thing that is clear, we need to look forward to our Father in Heaven who is unchanging. He is always there in our times of need and our goals are not here on earth with our work or life, but they are a part of our biggest goal is to pursue a life that is honoring God in our preparation for Heaven. If our path is only filled with doubt, fear and frustration, it is easy to lose sight of what our Father has done for us. Keep looking for our unchanging Father to help make changes in you. Live your life full of love, happiness and adequacy. Our Father loves us, and that love can drive out any demons or fear we may have. Press forward, don't look back.
Have a great weekend.
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment