Friday, August 21, 2026

Fantastic Friday #1059 - Eyes

Eyes

7 I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:7-8

Where do your eyes look throughout the week? Do you find yourself attracted to the shiny things of this world, or do you keep your head down focusing on the ground and not others around you? I heard a story this week about someone who was in such a bad place that they had to go into a rehabilitation unit for over a three-month period. I remember this person and what they looked like prior to going into this unit, but physical change is not the most interesting part of the story. The most interesting thing is that this person's involvement in their church is what is driving them on a daily basis. Another part of the story involves them asking their boss if they could attend a church retreat during a period of time that people are not allowed to take vacation. They were allowed to take the vacation, and you can truly see what a difference involvement with a church and faith in God makes this person what they are today. Because someone opened their eyes to another person's need, that person is saved and keeps the enemy away. Keep your eyes on the Lord and He will present someone to you who needs it.

Have a great weekend.

Matt

No comments: